Wow! Time flies and life has been so hectic that I have not taken to the air. I've missed it, I've craved it! Well, last night that thirst for flight was finally quenched in none other than an MTOsport Gyro! I always love the "real flying" experience with the wind passing by and the MTOsport provided just that. It belonged to my friend Frank and he's now going down the list (as all of us pilots do) of people he had promised rides to. I was happy to be towards the top of that long list!
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Friday, April 15, 2016
This is a special, LIVE episode of Stuck Mic from the Sun N Fun Air Show! Carl is joined by special c0-hosts Russ Roslewski, Larry Overstreet, Robert Cigliano, Tom Frick, Eric Crump, and Derek Lagasse.
- Carl is meeting Russ Roslewski in person for the first time. Russ has his own CFI blog and accepts user submissions.
- Eric Crump announced that he missed announcing some people in his initial welcome to Sun N Fun including his wife and kids, Dad, and his Mom.
- Polk State College asked Carl to be the coach of the flight team this year, and it has been a great year. The team captain also joined them on the deck. M0A donated so they could have a plane to use. Kevin Lacey of Airplane Repo promoted the organization. A number of others donated and assisted including ASA and the local FBO. You can donate to the team as well.
- The captain of the flight team this year is now a working pilot flying around the Caribbean and will be Assistant Coach next year.
- Rod of Open Airplane stopped by the deck to talk about the way they rent airplanes the same way people rent cars.
- AOPA is advocating starting a flight club, and is giving away an airplane to support it. Check out their site for details.
- Ken Cage of Airplane Repo discusses their show and how it promotes aviation.
- Rob Williams, Executive Director for the Aerospace Center for Excellence
- Victoria and Turbo the Flying of Dog joined by Skype
- Listener mail about accidents or incidents, which led to a discussion about talking about your mistakes and learning from them.
- Inspiring future aviators
~Picks of the Week~
No picks of the week as this is a live interview show.
Photo Credit @pilotmandi on Instagram
This episode is sponsored by Aviation Careers Podcast and the Aerospace Scholarships Guide
Monday, April 4, 2016
Welcome aviators and airplane geeks to the show where we talk about learning to fly, living to fly, and loving to fly. Spring is upon us and for many this is the season where we start flying again from a winter break. It also is the season of dynamic changes in weather and strong winds. Tonight we are going to discuss one of the most important topics and one that can prevent most landing accidents; crosswind landings and how to set our personal limits.
Joining us this evening we have with us aviators from a variety of backgrounds including flight instructors, new pilots, and airline pilots. This should be an interesting discussion and most importantly I hope you will learn something about setting your own personal crosswind limits.