We have a special show tonight with a big cast of characters: Rick Felty, Victoria Zajko, Tom Frick, Larry Overstreet and Sean Moody. Paul Grieco also joins us tonight as a special guest.
Tonight’s topic is the NTSB Most Wanted List
- Reducing fatigue-related accidents and FAR 117
- Stories from the crew about flying fatigued
- Implementing fatigue management training at your flight school, having a fatigue checklist, and knowing your personal limits
- Medical fitness for duty, considering other issues in our medical background that could prevent flying
- Disconnecting from deadly distractions
- The difficulty of learning to use apps and devices in the cockpit, which often do not work on the ground.
- Loss of control, and the use of an angle of attack indicator
A listener from Facebook had a question about approach segments such as initial, intermediate and final.
After Flight Checklist:
~Picks of the Week~
Sean: Airporttag-Pillows, t-shirts, and other things marked with airport codes, along with quotes on flying
Victoria: Garmin 796-portable touchscreen GPS for weather, approach plates, and other general aviation features
Larry: Sun n’ Fun is coming April 5th-10th 2016.
Rick: LearnTailwheel.com– A website for learning tail wheel flying by Paul Santopietro, a good friend of the show (you can check him out in episode 32A)
Carl: Flyers and Why they Fly- an out of print coffee table book that captures the love of aviation.
Tom: rucsoundings.noaa.gov– A site to determine where the temperature and dew point are going to converge to discover cloud heights.