Welcome to Episode 109 and Happy Thanksgiving! In this episode we discuss reinstating your CFI and Flying Drones. Carl, Rick, Tom, Larry and Eric are here on a warm November day.
Carl just finished his annual recurrent training. If you have recently finished some training or rating please let us know so we can give you a shout out!
Tonight we have a special interview with Bill English. Bill is a Commercial Drone Operator, and a CFI who recently reinstated his flight instructor certificate after 6 years of dormancy!
- Pilot certificates never expire (unless you do something warranting the FAA revoking it).
- Flight instructor certificates do expire, but you can be renewed within 24 months.
- 61.197 Renewal requirements for flight instructor certification.
- After 24 months, your CFI must be reinstated by filling out the application and taking the practical test, which is a practical for any of the ratings on your CFI.
- 61.199 Reinstatement requirements of an expired flight instructor certificate.
- Bill discusses how he went about getting current, and the process he went through.
- Commercial Drone Authorization for non-recreational drone operation.
- Colleges and Drones and 333 authorization.
- The future for drones, especially for commercial, non-defense use.