The whole gang is here for a special interview with Matt VanDervort and discuss his crossing the Continental Divide in a vintage aircraft.
Victoria just got back from AirVenture and gave a little report and preview of the upcoming report in episode 102. Also, Turbo Learns to Fly is out and for sale!
Tonight's show is a special interview with Matt VanDervort of Vans Flying Services. Matt repairs and restores many types of aircraft but specializes in antique and vintage.
- Matt's Grandfather got him started with flying, right after he was potty trained!
- He acquired his recreational flight certificate when he was 17 in a Taylorcraft.
- Matt's Grandfather was an Auto Body Teacher and A&P Mechanic, and encouraged Matt to get his licenses.
- Matt also delivers aircraft, and recently delivered a Piper J-5 Cub Cruiser, crossing the Continental Divide to do it.
- Matt gave some great answers to questions about fabric airplanes including evaluating before purchase, a bit about how they work, and how to find someone to work on them.
After Landing Checklist
~Picks of the Week~
No picks of the week this week since this is an interview episode.