Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lunch with a fellow pilot/blogger

It's funny how the internet made the world shrink. Heck, that's how I met Bob! Most recently, it's how I was able to meet a fellow pilot and blogger, Chris over at Photographic Logbook. Chris and I have been following each other's blogs now for several years and have yet to cross paths. In fact, we both often visit the same places in Michigan, as we grew up in the same town and went to the same elementary school! Bob and I took Chris and his family to downtown Frederick for lunch last week when they stopped at FDK along their way to First Flight. His blog is great, check it out and learn about his flight to visit us here.

7 comments:

  1. One of my favorite aspects of blogging has been the terrific kindred spirits I've connected with as a result. Lunch was great - it almost made up for my not being able to use my GPS properly that morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either of you ever been to Windwood? Gary's mentioned it before, though I don't think he's gone in a couple years. They used to have a fly-in every fall. Could be a fun meet-up for all of us one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad idea! Neat little place. Here's the blog from our last visit: http://toriaflies.blogspot.com/2012/04/weekend-flight-to-almost-heaven.html

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea, Steve. Gary and I have tried to meet a couple of times, but circumstances beyond our control prevented it from happening. I have not been to Windwood, but any place described as "almost heaven" (from a credible source, of course) sounds like it must be worth a visit!

      Delete
    3. A little voice in my head said I thought you may have been there before...

      Delete
    4. Always listen to the voices, Steve ;)

      And yes, "Almost Heaven" is not just a review of the place-it's written on a plaque!

      Delete

What are you pondering?