Friday, July 5, 2013

To go or not to go? That is the question!


It's summer and summer weekends mean travel with family and friends. But it can also mean thunderstorms! With humidity and rising heat, how do you best make that go, no-go decision a few days out?


2 comments:

  1. You start thinking about what conditions you may encounter and if they are in your go-nogo limits.

    That seems simple but it means evaluating the weather patterns frequently and seeing the big picture as well as the micro pictures that may emerge along the intended path. At any time
    even after launching you can always say its not working and call it off.

    In the end its about capability and safety. Its far easier to be on the ground wishing you were up there than being up there in the stuff wishing you were on the ground.

    I say that having gotten into stuff that tested skills and equipment and being here to tell about it. It's not something I'd willingly do again.

    Eck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. long range forecast and knowledge of the local wx patterns. If it's a new location I'll watch wx weeks in advance just to get familiar with patterns.

    Reading this made me look at my flying this year and all the no-go decisions. The mid-atlantic wx has been brutal! We have been driving to the beach most weekends vs flying, I am not going to deal with the t-storms or put my bride and new pup through the wild ride.

    Agree with Eck..."In the end its about capability and safety. Its far easier to be on the ground wishing you were up there than being up there in the stuff wishing you were on the ground."

    ReplyDelete

What are you pondering?