Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Surprising Surprise Flight Part 2

Anxious to learn where my surprise trip to Ottawa led me to? Not as much as me, I'm sure! While exploring the city of Ottawa, I passed a flyer for Cirque du Soleil's Totem. 

"Aw man! Cirque du Soliel is here!" I had exclaimed.

"I thought you've seen that one." Bob said.

"Nope!" I replied and went on to explain the 8 times I have been to Cirque du Soliel shows.

In the back of my head, I wondered "Is that it?" but Bob didn't give up much. So I tossed that idea out of my mind. That was until our drive took us near the Palladium where the Senators hockey team plays. I knew we were not attending a hockey game. 

"Are we seeing Cirque du Soliel?!" I asked excitedly.

"No." said Bob.

I looked out the window, mind turning, what could it be!?!


Soon, a blue and yellow striped tent appeared before us and I knew my husband was a liar.

I slapped him, "We're seeing Cirque du Soliel!" He handed over the tickets and they were great seats!

I'm worried about how good of a liar my precious husband is now! Not only did he lie down to the very moment about taking me to see my favorite performance group, he did so by taking me into another country! There's talent :)

This now marks my ninth Cirque du Soliel performance I have attended, but the 6th show. It is up as one of my favorites, I'm not sure if the adrenaline rush from the surprise affected that or not. The music was amazing as was the set and as always, the performances. It had some of the best clown scenes in all of the Cirque performances that I have seen, which is funny because usually those are my least favorite part.

Bravo, hubby, bravo. You did great!


Unfortunately, a bit of all that joy was overshadowed by the broken airplane awaiting us at Ottawa International. No mechanics would be in until the following day and unfortunately, staying the night was not an option. We stopped by Tim Hortons for some snacks (a place a very much miss from my Michigan life) and started the 8 1/2 hour drive home in our rental.

For more pictures from our Canadian adventure, click here!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary!

    ...and a second "heh heh heh" and a tip of my hat to Bob. I approve of his methods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't encourage him, Steve! ;)

      Delete
    2. Encourage him, Steve, encourage him! :-)

      Delete
    3. Way to encourage the encouragement! :o)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that your wonderful trip culminated in a stranded airplane. I've had to leave my airplane behind three times now and, even when it's the right thing to do, it's still hard. On the bright side, recovery of the airplane might make for another fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a bummer, but can be expected at some point when a person flies a lot, don't you think? If only it could have broken in Frederick! Oh well, this is our second time leaving it behind. Last time something happened we left it in Woodstock, NY. We're looking forward to aircraft recovery soon, just not the drive to get there :P

      Delete
    2. Heck, I'm just a renter and even I've had to deal with my fair share of broken airplanes. Off the top of my head - we were nearly stranded by the flaps, a broken carb heat cable, I've lost the radio, and numerous flaky transponder issues. So don't think you guys get to have all the fun! :)

      Delete
    3. Way to one up us! ;) Could be worse, though, right?
      "Time to spare! Go by air!"

      Delete

What are you pondering?